Black Rice Pudding
1 Cup Beras Nagasari Pulut Susu ERA, soak for 3 hours
2 Tbsp Activated charcoal (can be substituted with black food colouring)
1 Cup coconut milk
3 Tbsp Palm sugar
3 Cups Water
2 Pandan leaves, knotted
1/2 tsp Salt
- Rinse and drain the Beras Nagasari Pulut with water thoroughly until the water turns clear.
- Using a whisk, mix activated charcoal with coconut milk until a smooth paste forms
- Combine Beras Nagasari Pulut Susu ERA, water, coconut milk, salt and pandan leaves in a pot and bring it to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 45-60 minutes or until the rice becomes soft and breaks up.
- Keep checking the water level, if it becomes too dry, add more water then mix palm sugar to taste.
- Serve in small bowls topped with a spoonful of coconut milk.