Nasi Lemak with Rendang Tulang Rusuk Daging
3 Cups Beras Nagasari Super Import ERA
2 Cups Coconut milk
1 Cup Water
2 Pandan Leaves
3 tsp Salt
Rinse and drain rice, add coconut milk, salt, water, and pandan leaves into the rice and cook.
Hard Boiled Eggs
Fried Ikan Bilis
Rendang Beef Ribs:
1kg Boneless beef short ribs, cut into cubes
3 Cups Coconut milk
1 Cup Minyak Masak ERA
6 Cloves Chopped garlic
1 Cup Red onion
1/4 Cup Ginger
50g Fresh turmeric
2 Tbsp Chilli paste
Seasonings & Spices:
A handful of kerisik, toasted coconut
2 Inch Galangal, pounded
1 Lemongrass, cut into 4-inch length and pounded
2 Turmeric leaves, tied up
6 Kaffir lime leaves, very finely sliced
1 Tbsp Palm sugar
3 tsp Salt
- Cut the beef short ribs into cubes, do not cut the beef too small as the meat can break into smaller pieces during cooking.
- Heat up Minyak Masak ERA in a pot, sauté the blended ingredients (rendang paste) over low heat until aromatic. Add the beef short ribs and cook over medium heat.
- Add the coconut milk, turmeric leaves, kaffir lime leaves, and lemongrass into the pot.
- Once it is boiled, continue to simmer over low heat.
- Cook until the beef absorbs the flavor of the spices thoroughly and the color turns dark brown. It will take about three hours.
- Serve over the warm Nasi Lemak that was cooked just now, and top with peanuts, fried anchovies, cucumbers, sambal, and eggs.