Sambal Udang Petai with ERA Sultan Premium Basmathi Rice
8 Large Prawns (De-shell and leave the tails)
1 Cup of Petai
1 Red Onion
3 Cloves of Garlic
1 Tbsp Belacan paste
1/4 Cup Dried Chili paste
1/4 Cup Minyak Masak ERA
3 Tbsp Tamarind juice
3 Tbsp Sugar
1 tsp Salt
2 Cups Beras Sultan Premium Basmathi ERA, washed and soaked for 30 mins before cooking
- Heat the Minyak Masak ERA in a large pot then fry the blended ingredients until fragrant and you can see the oil separates from the chili paste.
- Add tamarind juice and season to taste
- Add in prawns, then simmer to cook until the gravy becomes thick.
- Add in petai last and stir fry for less than a minute.
- Dish out and serve hot with steamed Sultan Premium Basmati rice.