Spanish Terung Belado with ERA Sultan Premium Basmathi Rice
3 Eggplants, cut into bite size pieces
1/2 Cup Minyak Masak ERA
1 tsp Salt
For the sauce:
2 Red capsicum
2 Red chili
3 Red onion (chopped)
4 Cloves Garlic (chopped)
1 Tbsp Chili powder
1 Tbsp Paprika
1/2 Tbsp Cumin
1 Cup Coriander leaves
1 Cup Dried chili paste
1 Tbsp Sugar
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Cups Beras Sultan Premium Basmathi ERA, washed and soaked for 30 mins before cooking
- Bake capsicum, chili, garlic, and onion in the oven
- Place all into a food processor add oil, salt and pepper, to taste, and coriander blend until a paste is formed.
- Quarter eggplants lengthwise and cut into bite-size pieces. Sprinkle with plenty of salt to prevent eggplant flesh from turning into a brown color.
- Heat Minyak Masak ERA in a pot on high heat. Pat dry eggplants and fry for about 2 minutes to bring out the color. Drain over a wire rack to remove excess oil, and set it aside.
- Remove the oil from the pot and leave about 3 tablespoons of oil. Heat the oil and stir fry the spice paste until fragrant, about 8 minutes.
- Toss in the fried eggplants and boil again for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat and serve with steamed Sultan Premium Basmathi rice.